Sunday, November 16, 2014



 ~ Everything Ron! ~

     Welcome to Everything Ron. Yeah, I know it sounds kind of narcissistic but honestly I couldn't figure out a blog title that fit everything I wanted to talk about and share and this is the only thing I could find that wasn't already taken. 

Me & Mom, Nancy Brooks on what would be her last birthday  ~ July 2012

     In January of 2013 I lost my mom and my heart hasn't been the same since. I have found myself dealing with depression and the only thing that keeps me going is my family and doing things that I enjoy. I am so much like my mom in so many ways and hope I make her proud. I find strength in the many things my mom taught me and I often think about how she would handle certain situations although I really miss being able to call her when I have a problem or feel down. She always listened and knew just what to say. There is so much to share about this amazing woman and I will write more about her in the future.
     This blog will be all of the things that interest me or make me tick. Singing, Entertaining, Travel & Travel  Planning, Photography, Baking Christmas Cookies and Cooking. 


     Before I get to the fun stuff let me give you some background. I'm 50 years old and I'm married to my lovely wife Lynda for 18 years. We have a talented and handsome son David who was born on January 1, 1999. David turns 16 this coming New Years which blows my mind. My how time flies. 
     I have always been involved in music from the time I was very young and signed  my first professional contract in 1975, at the tender age of 11 when I was selected to be in the Civic Light Opera's production of "Fiddler on The Roof" at Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh. At the same time I also started singing with the Greater Pittsburgh Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society becoming the youngest member of the chorus (by a long shot).  I became the front line director of the chorus at the ripe old age of 18 and sang in several quartets throughout the years. In fact I still sing with three good friends in a quartet called Wired For Sound. We don't rehearse anymore but we perform whenever we get a request (and everyone is available). This year we will be performing our 16th annual Christmas Sing at Amel's Restaurant in the South Hills of Pittsburgh. It feels great to harmonize in four part harmony and it's something I think everyone should try at least once.


     Since becoming a stay home dad when my son was born I started my own business doing Singing Telegrams. It's called Brooks Entertainment.  Having my own business allowed me to be home for my son which has been such a blessing.



     One of the biggest things I do that brings me great joy is playing Santa Claus. Every December I put on the suit that my mom made for me many years ago, anchor the beard and hair firmly to my head and become Jolly old St. Nick. What an amazing feeling to see the excitement in the eyes of both young and old when I come into a room. I take my job as Santa to heart and try to create a magical moment for every child (and adult) I meet.  
     Every time I put on the suit I remember my mom who created and sewed the entire suit especially for me. It's like getting a hug from her and I can't help but get a tear in my eye.

Here are some of the thing's you may find here on my blog! 

TRAVEL IDEAS ~ including places I've been and plan on going to. I love to plan trips but like everyone I know I can't afford everything I would love to do so I find ways to enjoy incredible vacations on a budget. I call it Frugal Concierge.
Arches National Park ~ Moab, UT

Pikes Peak Summit ~ Colorado Springs, CO
~~~~~~~~

PHOTOGRAPHY ~ I LOVE to take pictures where ever I go and I especially love nature. I will share my favorite pictures.
 
Returning from the Hunt! ~ Saxonburg, PA


  
Sunset on the Gulf ~ Indian Shores, FL

 ~~~~~~~~

FOOD REVIEWS ~ I'll share reviews and pictures from meals I've had out and suggestions of how you can eat out for less!

Tropical Waffle ~ Sweet Sage Cafe ~ Indian Shores, FL
 
Blackened Grouper Sandwich at Rod 'n Reel Pier ~ Anna Maria Island, FL



 ~~~~~~~~

CHRISTMAS COOKIES ~ Another thing I really enjoy doing is baking Christmas cookies but not the typical ones you see in every cookie exchange or bakery shelf. I love combining old favorites with new and exciting cookies and adding them to my holiday baking.

Lemon Ricotta w/ Lemon Glaze
Ricotta cheese, fresh lemons & lemon zest



cream cheese, cherry pie filling & graham cracker crumbs

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     I hope you enjoy my posts and I welcome you to feel free to use and share any of the items I post and I would love to hear your comments.

I hope you enjoy Everything Ron!

Ron     

No comments:

Post a Comment