Monday, November 17, 2014

The view from my bedroom window this morning

Say it isn't SNOW!

     The first snow of the season is on the ground and I'm not happy about it. I used to love the snow as a kid and spent a lot of time building forts, sled riding and having snow ball fights. It was great and I couldn't get enough of it.

     Now the sight of snow makes me long for summer. I HATE THE SNOW and the thought of having to get the snow blower out just makes me cringe. Now let me clarify I hate when I have to go out in the snow. I actually love a BIG snow fall, the kind where no one goes anywhere because there's so much snow on the ground. I like the feeling of being "trapped" in the house with a big old fire in the fireplace and a nice cup of something warm to sip on, maybe with a little somethin' somethin' in it! 

     Unfortunately I have to go out in this stuff but I can't complain too much considering I'm heading out to do a singing telegram so that means I'm making some money, which is a good thing.  So I have to put on my gorilla suit, blonde wig and tutu (I know Halloween was in October, but I get to dress up all year) and head out into the snow. 

     Before I head out I thought I'd share a couple more cookie recipes that are perfect excuse to light that oven and warm up the house on a cold day like today. The first cookie is a wonderful buttery shortbread cookie that my mom made for years. They are called Split Seconds and my mom would use strawberry preserves. This cookie brings back special memories of my mom and I think of her every time I make them.

Split Seconds
Blueberry Cookies
     The second cookie is one I started making a couple years back and got requests for more! It's a drop cookie that uses fresh blueberries and lemon zest. It's cake like and a yummy very addictive cookie. Click on the links below the pictures for the recipes.

     Well, it's off to surprise a young girl for her Sweet 16th Birthday! If your among those of us who are getting snow and cold weather I hope you all stay warm. For those of you who live in warmer climates I'm jealous. Either way make the best of your Monday and have an awesome day.

     I'm back and just had to follow up with a couple of things before calling it a day. My delivery went well although the girl I went to sing for was scared to death hiding behind her friends for most of the delivery. She finally warmed up for a picture at the end which made me happy.  Doing singing telegrams for a living offers a new experience with every delivery which makes my job a lot of fun. After years of doing various other jobs including jobs in sales and then there was that other sales job, oh yeah I also had another job in sales. (Have I told you I hate SALES jobs?) Anyhow compared to my jobs in the past this one is great.

     That brings me to my final point of the day. Even when your job doesn't involve direct sales, if you have kids and if they are involved in any kind of activities you will find yourself once again in SALES. Bothering your neighbors, workmates, friends (both Facebook and otherwise) and of course your family. Sad to say my wife and I are in the throws of raising funds for our son to go on a choir trip to Chicago in the spring. I just hope we can raise the funds needed before alienating everyone within our little circle of the world. With that, stay warm and don't forget to tell the ones you love that you love them. 

Ron






No comments:

Post a Comment